- 1.Fargo Invaders open football season with 42-0 win
- 2.Fargo Football is Back!
- 3.Invaders Top Warriors
- 4.Invaders Fall to Stampede 15-23, move to (2-1)
- 5.Invaders Shut Out Med City Freeze, Move to 3-1
- 6.Invaders Come Up Short vs Pioneers
- 7.(7/21) Minnesota Vipers Forfeit, Invaders Move to (8-2)
- 8.Fargo Invaders Top Northland Bulls 29-7 to Advance in Playoffs
by Drew Davis
It was a rough weekend for the Fargo Invaders offense as they were only able to put together two scores in a 23 to 15 loss against the Sioux City Stampede.
Coming off a spectacular weekend against the Warriors, quarterback Ja’Vonte Johnson had trouble finding open receivers. Johnson accumulated seven interceptions throughout the game. Although it was clear the air attack was creating more opportunities for the Stampede to score, the Invaders gave Johnson 60 tries with only 45% success.
Despite having a broken offense, the Invaders kept themselves in the game with a relatively contained defense only allowing 27 pass yards off 15 attempts in the first half. Sioux City found most of their success on the ground. Led my tailbacks Larry Taylor and Terrance James, the Stampede brought in a total of 133 rush yards for 2 touchdowns.
Players and fans will be able to put this in the past during a Memorial weekend break. The Invaders return home June 2nd against the Med City Freeze.