- 1.Fargo Invaders open football season with 42-0 win
- 2.Fargo Football is Back!
- 3.Invaders Top Warriors
- 4.Invaders Fall to Stampede 15-23, move to (2-1)
- 5.Invaders Shut Out Med City Freeze, Move to 3-1
- 6.Invaders Come Up Short vs Pioneers
- 7.(7/21) Minnesota Vipers Forfeit, Invaders Move to (8-2)
- 8.Fargo Invaders Top Northland Bulls 29-7 to Advance in Playoffs
By Drew Davis
After a cringeworthy loss against in Sioux City, the Invaders managed to bounce back with a healthy air attack once again. This time contributing to 35-0 blowout against the Med City Freeze at home this past weekend.
Ja’Vonte Johnson made a major recovery from a seven-pick game against the Stampede to finding the end zone four times with only one pass going the other way. With no surprise, Johnson directed a third of his passes to league-leading receiver Jon Baune, whom caught 7 passes resulting in three touchdowns. Baune has passed the pylon twice as many times (8) as the second-most receiver in the league, Jake McDonald of the Stampede.
The Invaders defense took away what may have been the most dependable piece of the Freeze’s offense: the run game. The Freeze ran the ball 21 times, three of which resulted in a fumble recovery for the Invaders. By the end of the game, Med City gave away the ball six times.
This weekend, the Invaders look to extend their record to 4-1 at home against the St. Paul Pioneers. To win, Fargo must look to prevent the Pioneers high-powered offense from causing too much damage.