- 1.Fargo Invaders open football season with 42-0 win
- 2.Fargo Football is Back!
- 3.Invaders Top Warriors
- 4.Invaders Fall to Stampede 15-23, move to (2-1)
- 5.Invaders Shut Out Med City Freeze, Move to 3-1
- 6.Invaders Come Up Short vs Pioneers
- 7.(7/21) Minnesota Vipers Forfeit, Invaders Move to (8-2)
- 8.Fargo Invaders Top Northland Bulls 29-7 to Advance in Playoffs
By Drew Davis
The Fargo Invaders had no problem against the Minneapolis Warriors defense that last season led the league in interceptions. Invaders Quarterback Ja’Vonte Johnson completed 54.8% of his 31 passes this weekend racking up 345 pass yards and 4 touchdowns, while the ground game added 120 yards and a touchdown in a 32-27 win for Fargo.
Receiver Jon Baune had another big week pulling in seven receptions for 163 yards and 3 touchdowns. Impressively, most of Baune’s yards came after the catch including two touchdowns over 30 yards. Through two games, Baune leads the league in receiving yards, followed by teammate Kevin Irby Jr. who had a 100+ yard day as well.
The game featured very few errors. There were only two takeaways – one for each team – during the game with both defenses allowing a high scoring game, even though the Invader defense held Minneapolis to just 219 total yards.
Following a win against the Warriors, the Invaders schedule gets no easier next Saturday, May 19th in Iowa against the Sioux City Stampede. Through one game, the Stampede are led by league leading rusher Larry Taylor.
Full stats from the Warriors game: https://www.northernelitefootball.com/game/game_sheet/20280350